DID YOU KNOW?
• 1 in 3 women in the United States has experienced some form of physical violence by an intimate partner.
• On a typical day, domestic violence hotlines receive approximately 21,000 calls, an average of close to 15 calls every minute.
• Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crime.
• Abusers’ access to firearms increases the risk of intimate partner femicide at least five-fold. When firearms have been used in the most severe abuse incident, the risk increases 41-fold.
• 72% of all murder-suicides involve an intimate partner; 94% of the victims of these crimes are female. (NCADV, 2020)
To continue to help spread awareness, on the 1st Friday of each calendar month, Our Place Healing Hearts Foundation will grant one Domestic Violence Victim/Survivor with a $25.00 Walmart Gift Card. Throughout the year, we work hard to raise awareness and help other Victims/Survivors and their children get connected with further resources. Our organization wants to continue to show our love and support we have for Victims/Survivors of Domestic Violence. We will share their stories in hopes of encouraging another loved one who is going through the same thing to reach out and seek additional supports that our organization has to offer. If you are a Domestic Violence Victim/Survivor or know someone who can benefit from such resources, email us today and share their story.
Qualifications to qualify for the giveaways:
Email story, picture, name, and contact information to
My name is Chia-Chen Lin but I go by Jen. I’m going to be a second year at UC Irvine. I’m majoring in Psychology and minoring in Sociology. I have taken both AP stats and calculus in high school and I got an 800 for my SAT math section. I love working with kids and have an passion to teach kids. I believe that there is always a fun way to learn math. My tutoring office hours will be Mondays for two hours: 7:30-9:30. k-2 7:30-8:00pm, 3rd-5th 8:00pm-8:30pm, & 6th-12th 8:30-9:30pm.